Sunday, March 11, 2007
Musharraf Keeps to His 7 Point Pledge
Remember Musharraf’s famous seven point pledged commitment to the nation in 1999.
Well here is an update (and amazingly it appears that he has kept to his word).
1. Rebuild National confidence and morale
My secret agencies have ensured that I continue to retain high morale and remain nationally confident of staying in power for long as I want (just like my idol General Hosni Mubarik of Egypt).
2. Strengthen Federation, remove Inter-Provincial disharmony and restore National cohesion
I am planning to cleanse Balochistan of all troublesome Baloch as an example to all others what real national cohesion is all about.
3. Devolution of power to the grass root level
After getting rid of some of the old political ‘grass’ I manured the left over grass (weeds and all) to whom I devolved just enough power to enable them make money for themselves, rig referendums and elections in my favour, and nothing else.
4. Revive Economy and restore Investor Confidence
Nothing like a few property and share market deals to keep the ‘true’ investors happy. As the poor have no money to invest unfortunately I have had little choice but to let them wallow in their misery.
5. Ensure law and order and dispense speedy justice
Any one who has opposed me has received swift and speedy justice. Remember Akbar Bugti?
6. Depoliticize State institutions
Why, just the other day I depoliticised the Chief Justice by placing him under house arrest.
7. Ensure swift and across the board accountability
I’ve kept my word on this. All those who are corrupt and stupid enough to oppose me are in either jail, Dubai or London.